Ciao a tutti! Hello everyone
Here are some essential tips on how to quickly and easily prepare a tomato sauce.
What you need:
- Passatutto (to strain the seeds out of the tomatoes)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 white onion
- cloves of garlic
- Fiammante peeled tomatoes (from Italy–usually works a lot better than a passata, or use your own tomatoes from the garden if climate permits)
- Always use a wooden spoon! Metals can be troublesome if kept in a boiling pot
- Place chopped onion and garlic cloves in saucepan on medium heat (add a generous amount of olive oil and stir
- place the “passatutto” over the saucepan and pour the tomatoes into it, using the handle, stir until the tomatoes are liquified
- Clean the metal strainer because the seeds will gather here
- After all tomatoes have been spun and liquified, place cover on the saucepan and let simmer on Medium heat for about 40 min (add water if the sauce is too thick)
Il sugo è pronto!!