Ciao a tutti! Hi all!
Amaretto cookies are always delicious for entertaining guests with a nice espresso coffee. They are golden and crispy on the exterior, but soft and chewy on the interior. I added a touch of colour by adding Italian flag coloured sprinkles!
- 3 eggs whites
- 3 cups of crushed almonds (almond flour will due)
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- teaspoon of almond extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) and place parchment paper on a wide cookie sheet.
- In a food processor, grind the almonds into a fine flour-like substance. Add the sugar and continue to process for a few more seconds.
- Add egg whites and almond extract, and continue to mix until a smooth, malleable dough forms.
- Using a teaspoon, place spoonfuls of dough onto prepared baking sheets. Add sprinkles if or maraschino cherries if you’d like!
- Cookies should be a few inches apart.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the cookies are golden.
- Let the cookies cool completely.